The CTE Newsletter spotlights the latest career and technical education related news, events, activities and accomplishments in or pertaining to North Dakota. The newsletter is published monthly in a digital format.
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
The Strengthening Career & Technical Education for the 21st Century Act, or “Perkins V,” is a federal education program that invests in secondary, postsecondary and adult Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and the territories.
- dedicated to the continuous improvement of and relevancy of CTE to meet the ever-changing needs of learners and employers
- increasing learner access to high-quality CTE programs of study
Key changes in the new law are as follows:
- Requiring extensive collaboration among State- and local-level secondary, postsecondary, and business and industry partners to develop and implement high-quality CTE programs and programs of study;
- Introducing a needs assessment to align CTE programs to locally identified in-demand, high-growth, and high-wage career fields;
- Strengthening the CTE teacher and faculty pipeline, especially in hard-to-fill program areas, including STEM;
- Promoting innovative practices to reshape where, how, and to whom CTE is delivered;
- Expanding the reach and scope of career guidance and academic counseling; and
- Shifting responsibility to States to determine their performance measures, including new program quality measures, and related levels of performance to optimize outcomes for students.
Below you will find a number of resources developed by AdvanceCTE, the Association of Career and Technical Education (ACTE) and other partners. Please check back often for additional information related to the North Dakota’s Perkins V state plan development and opportunities to be involved.
- North Dakota Perkins V Transition Plan
- Perkins V Act
- Understanding the Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act(Perkins V)
- Legislative Summary & Analysis
- Major Tenets of Perkins V
- Perkins V Accountability Comparison
- Perkins V Overview - Presentation
- Parent and Student Feedback Opportunity