Career & Technical Education:
Connects students to real careers.
Makes education meaningful through applied learning.
Provides a talent pipeline for North Dakota businesses.
- Key Features, Tools and Benefits of the WBL Module in RUReady.ND.gov
- Golden Path Solutions Flyer for Employers
- Invite Local Employers to Participate - E-mail Template
How can you get involved?
- Provide job shadow opportunities for students.
- Offer a cooperative work experience/work-based learning opportunities to students.
- Host site visits or career exploration days at your work site.
- Provide internship opportunities for students Operation Intern - Developing North Dakota's Workforce.
- Offer to provide guest speakers for career events.
- Be a part of a local CTE Program Advisory Committee.
- Start a CTE scholarship program.
- Partner with the North Department of Commerce Workforce Development Division.
- Offer Apprenticeships, learn more: North Dakota Apprenticeship Program or Job Service North Dakota.
- Memo to colleges seeking information on operating in the State of North Dakota.
Authorized Private Career Schools
Links & Resources
North Dakota has ten CTCs that serve member schools in their area.
TrainND is a workforce training program that provides customized training for corporations and organizations, as well as open-enrollment training for individuals.
TrainND is operated through four regional locations in North Dakota:
An education and work-related credential can be defined as a verification of an individual’s qualifications or competence issued by a third party with the relevant authority to issue such credentials (U.S. Department of Labor, 2010). High-quality credentials are recognized by multiple employers across an industry.
The term “industry recognized,” used with respect to a credential, means a credential that:
A. Is sought or accepted by employers within the industry or sector involved as a recognized, preferred, or required credential for recruitment, screening, hiring, retention or advancement purposes; and,
B. Where appropriate, is endorsed by a nationally recognized trade association or organization representing a significant part of the industry or sector.