Our partner, Golden Path Solutions, has built a workforce development platform called Compass that integrates with RUReady.ND.gov to help you connect with schools and students.
You can provide your contact information to schools, offer work-based learning, even help students understand long term careers and use tuition sponsorships for future workforce development.
Click on the button to go the Compass login page and then hit “Sign Up Now” to get started!
LOGIN / CREATE ACCOUNT
Work-Based Learning in RUReady.ND.gov Flyer
- Key Features, Tools and Benefits of the WBL Module in RUReady.ND.gov
- Golden Path Solutions Flyer for Employers
- Invite Local Employers to Participate - E-mail Template
How can you get involved?
- Provide job shadow opportunities for students.
- Offer a cooperative work experience/work-based learning opportunities to students.
- Host site visits or career exploration days at your work site.
- Provide internship opportunities for students Operation Intern - Developing North Dakota's Workforce.
- Offer to provide guest speakers for career events.
- Be a part of a local CTE Program Advisory Committee.
- Start a CTE scholarship program.
- Partner with the North Department of Commerce Workforce Development Division.
- Offer Apprenticeships, learn more: North Dakota Apprenticeship Program or Job Service North Dakota.
Any instructor who teaches classroom continuing education units to ND Licensed Electricians shall be certified in order for those CEU's to be approved by the ND State Electrical Board.
- New Credential Application SFN 61264
- Renewal Application SFN 61265
- Memo to colleges seeking information on operating in the State of North Dakota.
Application for Authorization to Operate a Private Career School
NDSBCTE Policies: Authorization to Operate Postsecondary Career Schools
North Dakota State Law on Postsecondary Career Schools (NDCC ch 15-20.4)
Authorized Private Career Schools
Links & Resources
Area Career and Technology Centers (CTCs)
North Dakota has ten CTCs that serve member schools in their area.
TrainND is a workforce training program that provides customized training for corporations and organizations, as well as open-enrollment training for individuals.
TrainND is operated through four regional locations in North Dakota:
- Southwest: Bismarck State College
- Northeast: Lake Region State College (Devils Lake)
- Southeast: ND State College of Science (Wahpeton)
- Northwest: Williston State College
Industry Certifications - North Dakota CTE
An education and work-related credential can be defined as a verification of an individual’s qualifications or competence issued by a third party with the relevant authority to issue such credentials (U.S. Department of Labor, 2010). High-quality credentials are recognized by multiple employers across an industry.
The term “industry recognized,” used with respect to a credential, means a credential that:
A. Is sought or accepted by employers within the industry or sector involved as a recognized, preferred, or required credential for recruitment, screening, hiring, retention or advancement purposes; and,
B. Where appropriate, is endorsed by a nationally recognized trade association or organization representing a significant part of the industry or sector.