Five North Dakota high school seniors have been selected as candidates for the U.S. Presidential Scholars Program in Career and Technical Education:
- Alyssa Haider, Dickinson - Dickinson High School
- Caitlin MacKenzie, Grand Forks - Red River High School
- MaryJane Mayer, Mott - Mott/Regent High School
- Abigail Richman, Argusville - Northern Cass High School
- Madeline Stangl, Emerado - Grand Forks Central High School
Semi-finalists will be announced in mid-April and the U.S. Presidential Scholars will be named in May 2022.
The U.S. Presidential Scholars Program was established in 1964, by executive order of the President, to recognize and honor some of our nation's most distinguished graduating high school seniors. In 2015, the program was extended to recognize students who demonstrate ability and accomplishment in career and technical education fields. Each year, up to 161 students are named as Presidential Scholars, one of the nation's highest honors for high school students.