Distance Education Resources
ACTE Additional Program Area Resources
Certiport Testing from Home
- In an effort to support schools and students to continue their education online in these extraordinary times, Certiport has developed a home-based solution that allows for administered exams that certification candidates can take from home. This solution, “Certiport Exams from Home”, allows individuals to continue to pursue an industry-recognized certification that will distinguish themselves from others in an increasingly difficult hiring environment.
Certiport: GMetrix, LearnKey, Pearson, Unity, Code Avengers
- Various Certiport supported programs are offering Free 90-day Learning Promotions. Click below for more information about specific programs.
- Contact Tracy Becker if you are not a current Certiport School.
Cisco Networking Academy
- North Dakota is recognized Academic Support Center of the Cisco Networking Academy. Netacad offers options for many IT related courses to be offered virtually through their platform. Many Courses can be offered by teacher instruction OR self-enroll giving teachers control to assign courses based on student needs and interests. Academies are free to sign up.
- Curriculum is free for those academies under the ND Academy Support Center.
- CompTIA is offering free e-learning for CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) and other resources for displaced workers, students, career changers or anyone else who has ever thought about working in information technology. CompTIA ITF+ helps professionals to decide if a career in IT is right for them and helps students or career changers determine if they have a competency for information technology. It covers many areas of IT, creating a broader understanding of IT and making it ideal for non-technical professionals.
Information Technology Resource Sharing
NICERC @ Home
- There is something here for everyone with fun, project-based activities for elementary, middle, and high school students. Teachers may use these lessons to make assignments to their students for remote learning. Parents can download lessons for their children to explore at home. We’ll continue to update this page with new lessons throughout this period of social distancing.
- A webinar introducing the curriculum and activities
- A free studnet engagment tool that "gamifies" traditional quizzes.
- This platform can be utilized face to face OR for distance learning.
- Give teachers the ability to create their own Quizzes OR search for already created resources.